Most important: IN ADDITION TO THE SIZE OF YOUR POOL, VERIFY HOW THE LINER HOOKS ON TO THE WALL. (To do this, you will need to take off one top ledge of the pool.)
Only replace a liner in warm, sunny weather. This will result in a better fit and the liner is much easier to work with. Cold, cloudy weather will make wrinkles in the liner. Do not cut skimmer or return openings until the water level is just below each opening.
• Purchase liner and 1 yard of sand to mix with old sand.
• Take liner out of box and lay in sun to make the liner easier to work with.
• Remove top ledge of pool
• Remove liner from pool
• Cut out the bottom circle of the liner & use between the new liner and the sand.
• Rake sand and add more sand – tamp down for a smooth bottom
• Bring liner and a few extra people into the pool (shoes off!) and proceed to unroll liner.
• Begin in one section and bring liner up and over wall.
• Adjust bottom seam to corner of wall bottom and kick liner into position on the bottom.
• Have garden hose turned on as you proceed around the bottom of the wall, kicking into place as you go along.
• Stay in pool until water covers the rim (about 1” deep), adjusting as you go, to keep out wrinkles.
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU DID IT!